The Summary of Google Flights Hacks
- Google Flights Hacks lets you find great deals on flights in seconds.
- The site also has several features that can save you even more money, if you know how to use them.
- Flight tracking sends you alerts when prices increase or drop, the “Discover” tool helps you book your dream vacation for less, and the “Price graph” lets you find the best time to book your flight.
While it’s always a good idea to book flights in advance, sites like Google Flights have made it possible for you to travel on a budget, even at a moment’s notice. One of the most powerful price comparison tools available right now, Google Flights can show you all your travel options in literal seconds. It’s lightning fast, both on web and mobile, and you can find flights in a dozen different ways.
Read more: 7 facts about Himalayas You never Knew.To help you save more money on your next trip, INSIDER rounded up the 9 best Google Flights tricks that you need to know about. Here’s how to start booking cheaper flights:
1. Get alerts on your phone before prices go up.[caption id="attachment_4975" align="aligncenter" width="750"] Pay attention to price alerts on your phone.[/caption] Google analyzes historical price trends and uses predictive algorithms to determine whether you should book a flight now or wait until the price drops. If you use Google Flights on your phone, keep an eye out for notifications that warn you about likely fare increases. Currently, these alerts are only available for certain routes, and you can’t control when they appear on your phone, but they’re still a useful way to figure out when you should book your flights.
Suggested read: How to have the perfect Road Trip?
2. Or get alerts sent to your email whenever prices change.Instead of waiting for price alerts on your phone, you can turn on price tracking to monitor flights around-the-clock. You’ll get an email when prices increase or drop dramatically. There are two ways you can do this. First, you can track the prices of all flights to your desired destination. Just enter your city or airport of origin, your destination, and your travel dates. Then, find the box under “Choose an outbound flight” that says “Track prices,” and tap the toggle to start receiving price alerts in your email. [caption id="attachment_4976" align="aligncenter" width="640"] How to track destinations.[/caption] Second, you can track the prices of specific itineraries, like flights with set departure and return dates. Just enter your travel details, and choose a specific flight. Then, instead of booking the flight right away, tap “Track price.”
Read more: 5 Travel Hacks for Lazy People
3. If you have time to spare, play around with your travel dates to find the best deal possible.One of Google Flight’s most useful features is the ability to compare prices using the site’s calendar or “Flexible dates” features. If you have a destination in mind and want to save the most money possible, click one of the travel date boxes, and tap “Calendar” or “Flexible dates.” The “Calendar” feature shows you how the price of a particular itinerary is likely to change over time. The “Flexible dates” feature shows you the cheapest itineraries you can book, sorted by departure and return dates. [caption id="attachment_4978" align="aligncenter" width="640"] Use “Flexible dates” to find the cheapest time to travel.[/caption]
4. Find out how much you can save by flying to or from a different airport.If you live near several airports, you may be able to get a better deal by flying in or out of one that’s slightly farther away. While you can compare prices between airports using Google Flight’s “Multi-city” search, there’s a much quicker way to do this.
Suggested Read: Spiti – Born from an Ancient Sea.Just enter your preferred cities or airports, and then click on either your origin or destination. On the drop-down menu, click “Nearby airports,” and you’ll see a list of the cheapest flights available at airports near you. [caption id="attachment_4979" align="aligncenter" width="640"] How to compare prices at nearby airports.[/caption]