1. BHITARKANIKA (ODISHA) [caption id="attachment_3962" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] If you want lush green environment to please your senses, then you must plan your travel to this unique habitat of mangrove forests. Nature lovers, this can surely be your cup of tea. We assure you.
How to get there:Khola and Gupti are two main entry points to enter Bhitarkanika Nearest Airport:
- Bhubaneswar- 160 Kms from Khola/Gupti entry point.
- Bhadrak- 70 Kms from Jayanagar entry point to the park.
- Cuttack- 140 kms from Khola/Gupti entry points.
- Bhubaneswar- 160 Kms from Khola/Gupti entry points.
- Scenic Boat Cruising
- Theme-Based Entertainment
- Animal World (22 feet Crocodile, Spotted Deer, Monitor Lizard, King Cobra and Pythons)
- Bird World (170 species of birds, sub-species of Kingfishers, Sea Eagles and Sand Pipers)
- Mayfair Lagoon 8-B Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar. Phone: +91 674 6660 101 Fax: +91 674 2360 236 Website: www.mayfairhotels.com/mayfair-lagoon/
2. LEPCHAJAGAT (WEST BENGAL)[caption id="attachment_3958" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] This peace-filled destination provides you a much needed break from your monotonous life. It’s a perfect place for people who would like to explore a diversion from the queens of hills, Darjeeling. The place has accumulated popularity with the beautiful views of the mountain Kanchenjunga. This place has a great essence to make people fall in love with the place.
How to get there:Lepchajagat is 19 km drive away from Darjeeling. Nearest Airport:
- Bagdogra, Siliguri
- New Jalpaiguri or 8 kms from Ghoom railway station.
- Stunning view of Kanchenjunga.
- WBFDC Forest Bungalow.
- Forest trails full with Pines, Oaks and rhododendrons.
- Ghoom Rock (Sun Rise Point)
3.NIGHOJ POTHOLES (MAHARASHTRA)[caption id="attachment_3959" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] These potholes are the result of the Kukadi River which forms a deep canyon like structures carved in the rock beds. The best time to venture a trip to see these astonishing potholes are summers as the water level goes down in the river. This Geological Miracle will surely excite you to visit this place, many times.
How to get there:It is about 90 kms away from Pune. From Pune –Nagar Highway, you can reach this place by road. Nearest Railway Station:
- Pune Railway Station
- Lohegaon Airport
- The rock cuts and the potholes
- Bridge across the Kukadi River.
- Malaganga Temple
- Kapileshwar Temple
4. PATAN (GUJARAT)[caption id="attachment_3961" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] Do you belong to the category of an explorer? Then Patan in Gujrat would be an exquisite pleasure for your soul. This is a little visited town, but its narrow streets are bordered by the elaborate wooden houses with more than 100 Jain temples, with their intricate carvings. For fashion maniac ladies, there are ethereal and elegant hand woven sarees, which makes this place even more than a worth visit with your husband and family. How to get there: Nearest Airport:
- Ahmedabad (125 Kms from city)
- Ahmedabad- Patan Lines
- Rani ki Vav (subterranean architecture of Gujarat)
- Sahastralinga Talav
- Khan Sarovar
- Jain temples
5. PARADIP (ODISHA)[caption id="attachment_3960" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] Till now Paradip was known as Paradip Port, but very less people knew that it is also a vacation and picnic spot. The beauty of Paradip lies in it being near to the shore of the Bay of Bengal. You can enjoy Oceanic activities in the shimmering water of Paradip beach, which makes it the best vacation spot for aqua-lovers. This place is ideal for a family trip and the variety of species of fish at Paradip’s Marine Aquarium with 28 tanks will leave you with your mouth wide open in bewilderment How to get there: Nearest Airport:
- Bhubaneswar Airport
- Cuttack Railway Station (82 Kms from Paradip)
- Gahirmatha Beach
- Baladeva Temple
- Gahirmatha Beach
- Konark-famous Sun temple
6.DZONGU (NORTH SIKKIM)[caption id="attachment_3964" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] This virgin remote village is a homeland of the Lepcha community. The beauty of this place lies in the rawness of the nature. If you are a nature lover and a bit adventurous, this is a place for you. You can explore about lepchas community, which is an authentic yet beautiful community in a sense that takes pride in showcasing their cultural programmes and their eating habits.
How to get there:Nearest Airport:
- Bagdogra (west Bengal) from here you can hire a taxi.
- New JalPaigudi Railway Station from here you can hire a taxi.
- Lingthem – A short but steep hike up from Passingdang village. You can have a great view of Mt. Kangchenjunga and Dzongu Valley.
- Pentong & Sakyong – Two small and cute villages with beautiful and mesmerizing view of snow-capped mountains.
- Waterfalls – Dzongu is full of waterfalls. They can be seen falling down from every second hill. Lingzya falls is the best among them. Rakshak is another one. Try a bath here!
- Cane and Bamboo Bridges- They are made from long sections of authentic bamboos. You can satisfy your shopping spree here too, Carpets, traditional bags and other utility items, tables carved in local design, wooden masks are made there.
7. CHAKRATA (UTTRAKHAND)[caption id="attachment_3963" align="alignnone" width="900"] Source: Instagram[/caption] Bored of travelling clichéd hill stations like Dehradun, Mussoorie, Nainital, Shimla and Almora? Take a trip to exotic destination Chakrata which is only 93kms from Dehradun. This lesser- known destination is magical and blessed with beautiful hills, which is covered by grass and meadows and another side is forest laden. The USP of this place is its calmness and relaxing atmosphere.
How to get there:Nearest Railway station:
- Dehradun (92 kms from Chakrata)
- Jolly Grant Airport near Dehradun( 116 Kms from Chakrata)
- Chilmiri Neck- It is one of the highest points in Chakrata .This area has a picturesque view with lush green cover and dense forests.
- Tiger Falls- One of the largest waterfalls in India. It originates at a height of 312 feet with beautiful view of forests at the back.
- Ram Tal Horticultural Garden- It has huge variety of flora and fauna. Oriental Turtle dove and Black Headed Jay, can be spotted at this place.
- Deoban- This place surrounds forests, which is home to rich biodiversity of birds such as White Collared Blackbirds and Himalayan woodpeckers.